Re: Saving mov in v9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129949] Re: Saving mov in v9
  • From: "Louis Talman" <talmanl at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:43:14 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:18:00 -0700, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion - just tried it and it works fine in v9.
> Still, not as handy as using menu commands. Also, not sure how to set
> the various export settings (frame rate etc).

I haven't found a way to do so. I've found in the past that those methods
that Mathematica has allowed for creating .mov files have been broken in
this respect. (Version 8, using the method you recently described, seems
to be different in this respect---though I haven't tested it thoroughly.)

That's why I prefer to use either QuickTime Pro or Graphic Converter after
exporting frames to my hard drive.

--Louis A. Talman
   Department of Mathematical Sciences
   Metropolitan State University of Denver