Re: Mathematica 9.0 : SIGSEGV / Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129336] Re: Mathematica 9.0 : SIGSEGV / Linux
  • From: lecoat at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 02:19:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Finally, I succeed running Mathematica 9 ... Wishing you a Happy New Year 2013 !

lec... at gmail.com writes :
> When I launch Mathematica 9.0 under Mageia1 32bit edition, I have the following error :
>
> "
> $ ./Mathematica
> Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited.
> If possible, please report this problem to support at wolfram.com
> describing in as much detail as possible what you were doing
> when the problem occurred.
> "
>
> The welcome drawing is correctly displayed, but when the first welcome window opens, Mathematica crashes after about 5 seconds.
> I must precise that in the same conditions, Mathematica 7 and Mathematica 8 are running correctly.
>
> Here is information :
> "
> $ uname -a
> Linux albatros 2.6.38.8-desktop-10.mga #1 SMP Wed Jan 25 10:37:30 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> "
>
> May you help me ?

If I want to prevent the SIGSEGV message, and the failure, I just have to launch Mathematica 9 with the Mesa3D OpenGL layer, instead of the proprietary drivers. To do so, one must launch `Mathematica -mesa`, because the default is using the proprietary OpenGL drivers (native).

Running Mathematica 9 with Mesa3D enabled is perfect.

Many thanks for the Mathematica support services !

Best regards,

--
Dr. Francois LE COAT
IEF / UPSud / CNRS / ACCIS