sorting?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129582] sorting?
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:39:56 -0500 (EST)

Friends:
I have a large list of simple numerical lists, and I want to sort it using two criteria. in the simplest case, suppose the sublists are of length two, and
that my first criterion is the quotient of part one by part two, and my second criterion is the size of part two (no zeros in part 2.  I want to sort
using the first criterion, and then break the ties using the second one.
So for example if I had
lalista={{0,5},{8,8},{2,2},{3,5},{1,3},{3,9}},
the sorting should return

Of course this can be done, but I wonder if it is a way to make this only with native Mathematica tools (wich is always far more efficient).

Thanks for your help

Francisco