Re: Problems Exporting to LaTeX, Windows 8, Mathematica 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131448] Re: Problems Exporting to LaTeX, Windows 8, Mathematica 9
  • From: djmpark <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 23:22:27 -0400 (EDT)

This is not a direct answer to your question, but it would be nice if the
day came when people could routinely publish and communicate with regular
Mathematica notebooks. With their active calculation and dynamic
capabilities they are far superior to other media. It just means that we
have to arrive at the time that almost all technical people have
Mathematica.

If your ultimate document is a PDF file then you can convert Mathematica
notebooks to PDF. My experience is that the quality of the PDF is much
better when I use Adobe Acrobat Professional and Print to a PDF file rather
than use the bundled PDF software that comes with various systems and
applications. My experience is that the graphics is of much higher quality
and the file sizes are much smaller.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net

From: wbrucek at gmail.com [mailto:wbrucek at gmail.com]

I have drafted up an idea with a mix of text and equations

I try right clicking on the bar at the right for the cell I want to copy and
select
    Copy As -> LaTeX

Nothing gets copied.  Copy As -> LaTeX only works when I have a formula with
no other text around it.

Also, I can't figure out how to export the entire notebook to LaTeX.

Are these possible?