MathGroup Archive 2013

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Does mathematica have any measures of bilateral distance in a

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131381] Does mathematica have any measures of bilateral distance in a
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 01:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-outx@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsendx@smc.vnet.net

Given a directed, weighted, graph with a particular number of connections between each node.  For example represented by the matrix:
A = {{0,1,1}, {5, 0, 1}, {1, 3, 0}}

Is there any measure to determine the relative strength of the connection between nodes in the graph (which includes the flow between nodes)?  Obviously I can use things like eigenvector centrality to see the relative importance of a particular node as a whole, but what about bilateral measures?  Here I would want something asymmetric.  i.e. node 3 flows into 1 both directly and indirectly, but not much flows from node 1 into 3.

If mathematica doesn't have such an algorithm, does anyone know the name of a good algorithm (hopefully using spectral graph theory) to calculate some sort of measure?  Bonus points if it allows self connections (e.g. A = {{8,1,1}, {5, 2, 1}, {1, 3, 1}})

• Prev by Date: Re: An analytical solution to an integral not currently
  • Next by Date: NDSolve Encountered non-numerical value for a derivative at t=0
  • Previous by thread: MarcumQ and Speeding-up Computations
  • Next by thread: NDSolve Encountered non-numerical value for a derivative at t=0