Re: keep special functions unexpanded

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131457] Re: keep special functions unexpanded
  • From: metrologuy <takacs at bnl.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 05:38:14 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you all for your suggestions. David Park's elegant solution anticipated the second part of my problem, which I did not post, which was to be able to display the returned fit coefficients with the unexpanded form of the basis functions. This allows me to easily associate the most significant fit coefficient values with the appropriate basis order. Now I will extend this to a 2D basis set to fit the data to a surface. Thanks again.