running mathematica from command line

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131156] running mathematica from command line
  • From: tle <truongvle at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 05:04:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I am trying to run mathematica from the command line with the following statements on my mac:

1) mathematica has no problem with the statement below

/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -noprompt -initfile test.m

2) however, mathematica automatically quit the program as soon as I execute the following command.

nohup nice /Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel -noprompt -initfile test.m > output.out &

I was wondering if there is a special command to run under the Mac.

Please help.

Thanks