Re: How to install all needed software if I don't have a connection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131243] Re: How to install all needed software if I don't have a connection
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 05:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

On 20/06/2013 09:01, arpine.piloyan at gmail.com wrote:
> I wonder if I can install software first downloading all files on Linux then install them on Linux without using internet, or it will require an internet in the middle?
>
> Thank You!

Are you talking about installing Mathematica? You can download it
somewhere else, and copy it across on to Linux, but when it comes to
activate your software with the activation key, the easiest way is to
use an internet connection, but there are other alternatives for
situations like yours - read the download instructions.

Obviously, a few Mathmatica features, such as Wolfram Alpha interaction,
will not work without an internet connection.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk