Equation Labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130070] Equation Labels
  • From: Nicholas Chisholm <nick.g.chisholm at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 22:50:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi guys,

I've been trying to use Mathematica to keep organized notes of my work because it's easy to typeset equations. Is there any way to format how equations are labeled in notebooks? For example, using the "DisplayFormulaNumbered" puts numbers on the right of equations, but is there anyway I can format these numbers? Say I want an equation called (1a) and (1b) or something instead of (1) and (2). I've been messing around with trying to edit the stylesheet to no avail.

Nick