Re: very basic RecurrenceTable puzzle

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130720] Re: very basic RecurrenceTable puzzle
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 04:22:53 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know the internal workings of RecurrenceTable so I don't know how
the attribute affects its behavior, but I noted the difference in the
attributes and pointed it out. You could use If like this

Clear[st]

st[-1] = 0;

st[t_?NonNegative] := If[t < 2, st[t - 1], 1];

Table[st[t], {t, -1, 5}]

{0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1}

or with memory

Clear[st]