TransformedDistribution result not expected

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130728] TransformedDistribution result not expected
  • From: Shaun Werkhoven <shaunwerkhoven at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 03:53:48 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry if this question is too simple, I'm new to Mathematica. If I enter

TransformedDistribution[ ax + b, x\[Distributed]NormalDistribution[u,
Sigma]]

I get

TransformedDistribution[ax + b, x\[Distributed]NormalDistribution[u, Sigma]]

instead of what is expected as per the website examples

NormalDistribution[au + b, Sigma(Abs(a))]

Thanx, Shaun