Re: How Random works?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg130737] Re: How Random works?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 04:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 5/7/13 at 3:53 AM, jougraw at gmail.com (Joug Raw) wrote: >I want to know which algorithm Mathematica are using to generate >random numbers. How large is its period? And how the deterministic >part works? I also need to have an quantitative idea about the bias >in a random sequence produced by this algorithm. You can start with <http://www.wolfram.com/learningcenter/tutorialcollection/RandomNumberGeneration/>