documentation for curated (financial) data behind Wolfram|Alpha and

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130764] documentation for curated (financial) data behind Wolfram|Alpha and
  • From: László Sándor <sandorl at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 03:28:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I need to price 23,000 securities from 1999 to 2007, and they are surprisingly hard to find on subscription-based services, like Bloomberg LP, Thomson Reuters or S&P CapitalIQ offerings. Probably because deleted/expired/retired securities are dropped from the databases. Is there a good source on what financial information is available to/via Wolfram products, e.g. how much of my needs could be covered?

If anyone is eager to follow up, I am of course happy to share the list of securities with you.

Thanks!

Laszlo