Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130772] Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 03:49:03 -0400 (EDT)

Well put: "ephemera in ephemera out."

As a possible, simple-minded explanation of what WRI is up to: surely they're faced at any given time with a given customer base. To gain new customers, they need to add new areas of applicability, whether through adding them directly to Mathematica or by creating new Mathematica-based products.

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                               413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305