Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg130810] Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
- From: Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at nnips.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 04:36:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <20130512072856.3623B69C5@smc.vnet.net> <1868254.74102.1368370976405.JavaMail.root@m06> <20130513075003.5647069EE@smc.vnet.net> <5120123.115471.1368539282831.JavaMail.root@m06> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
djmpark wrote: > use a light touch and eliminate any feature that > does not clarify an idea or convey information, no matter > how nifty it might seem in its own right. Amen! As still pretty much of a beginner, I often have to look up a Mathematica command in 'ref/'. And too often I'm dismayed to see the simplest example of its use showing some cute and/or clever application that leaves me scratching my head about how to understand the command's operation, and little the wiser for the look-up. - Dushan