Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg130941] Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!
- From: John Doty <noqsiaerospace at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 04:25:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
I'm another Mathematica old-timer. In early versions, Mathematica had a simple basic vocabulary of definitions, augmentable by "add-ons". This was a good thing. The basics could be covered by an actual book you could hold in your hand. But now, Mathematica has a vast flat vocabulary supported by vast flat documentation. This is not a big problem for those of us who are already familiar with it, but I can't see how a new user can cope.