Re: Solving complicated matrix equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132046] Re: Solving complicated matrix equations
  • From: Roland Franzius <roland.franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 03:03:24 -0500 (EST)

Am 23.11.2013 08:49, schrieb dsmirnov90 at gmail.com:
> Hi!
>
> I have to solve analytically an equation like this:
>
> M*m1 = M.v - u.M,
>
> where m1, v, u are the given matrices and M should be found. Is there any standard function in Mathematica to do this?

Its very unusual that a normal *-product of matrices occurs in
multilinear equations and the more if an analytical solution is sought
for.

The element by element product M*m1=m1*M has no coordinate invariant
meaning and no invariant relation to M since it is a map by projections
on coordinate pairs with a different scaling factor in each pair.

So it will make sense only if m1 is a special tensor product of vectors
respecting a coherent symmetric product structure of the scaling factors
m1_ik =s_i * s_k as far as I can see.

--

Roland Franzius