MathGroup Archive 2013

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131906] Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@wolfram.com
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-outx@smc.vnet.net
  • Delivered-to: mathgroup-newsendx@smc.vnet.net
  • References: <20131028044028.9FF1C6A1C@smc.vnet.net>

We've been testing it in-house, and I'm not presently aware of any problems.  I have seen one crash report from a user of 9.0.0 who reported an issue, but that user has not (so far) been able to reproduce the problem with 9.0.1, and I have strongly recommended upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 previously in this forum anyway (hopefully everyone took my advice).

I write this to you from my own Mavericks machine and, while I haven't beat on it with extreme prejudice, my own experience thus far seems to bear out our testing results.

While we're on the topic of new operating systems:

* Under the newly released Windows 8.1, Mathematica seems to be working well.  However, we have discovered a compatibility problem with the web browser plugin and the new Internet Explorer 11.  If this is important to you, you should contact Wolfram Research Technical Support.
* The other major new operating system was Ubuntu 13.10.  We're still testing this, and I'm not quite ready to report conclusive results on those tests, yet.(*)

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.

(*) Nothing to do with Mathematica, but the Ubuntu 13.10 upgrade installer did render my personal Linux box unbootable, probably because of conflicts with outstanding OS updates.  Yay Ubuntu. :(

On Oct 27, 2013, at 11:40 PM, Raul Martinez <j.r.martinez at mac.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I use Mathematica 9 on a MacBookPro currently running MacOS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).
>
> Yesterday, Apple released MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
>
> Has anyone tried to run Mathematica 9 using Mavericks? If so, did you encounter problems or was it a seamless update?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Raul Martinez
>

• Prev by Date: Need help building a module
  • Next by Date: Re: controllers in manipulate
  • Previous by thread: Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks
  • Next by thread: Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks