Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131906] Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:24:16 -0400 (EDT)

We've been testing it in-house, and I'm not presently aware of any problems.  I have seen one crash report from a user of 9.0.0 who reported an issue, but that user has not (so far) been able to reproduce the problem with 9.0.1, and I have strongly recommended upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 previously in this forum anyway (hopefully everyone took my advice).

I write this to you from my own Mavericks machine and, while I haven't beat on it with extreme prejudice, my own experience thus far seems to bear out our testing results.

While we're on the topic of new operating systems:

* Under the newly released Windows 8.1, Mathematica seems to be working well.  However, we have discovered a compatibility problem with the web browser plugin and the new Internet Explorer 11.  If this is important to you, you should contact Wolfram Research Technical Support.
* The other major new operating system was Ubuntu 13.10.  We're still testing this, and I'm not quite ready to report conclusive results on those tests, yet.(*)

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.

(*) Nothing to do with Mathematica, but the Ubuntu 13.10 upgrade installer did render my personal Linux box unbootable, probably because of conflicts with outstanding OS updates.  Yay Ubuntu. :(