Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131930] Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks
  • From: David Latin <d.latin at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:46:55 -0400 (EDT)

My point is that Mathematica 9 wants to install Java 6 (since it cannot run
with Java 7?).
However, the latest Firefox 24 reports the Java 6 to have a vulnerability
issue and wants to upgrade it to Java 7 (as per the screen-shot below).
I run Mathematica on OS X.

Can someone from Wolfram please confirm if Mathematica indeed cannot be run
with Java 7 installed, and will it be modified to run with Java 7 ?