Re: Helping people on the internet -- was: Re: a simple question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131752] Re: Helping people on the internet -- was: Re: a simple question
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 02:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

On 26/09/2013 08:44, Richard Fateman wrote:

 >    The moderator should  (and I heartily recommend that he or they do so)
 > refuse to post anything with an unsuitable subject line, or perhaps one
 > with dumb content.

This sounds like a great idea because as it is, everyone makes their own
judgement as to whether to answer a question, and sooner or later
someone may supply an answer!

As I understand it, the moderator looks briefly at the content of every
message to filter spam, so this might be a viable suggestion that would
not involve Steven in any extra work.

I am sure the work of moderation is considerable, and I think it is
extremely important that we do not increase his workload - e.g. by
suggesting he reply to deleted messages.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk