Re: List vs. array in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132576] Re: List vs. array in Mathematica
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 05:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

The function Array does _not_ necessarily a list of uniform depth. For example:

        f[n_] := Nest[List, x, n]
        Array[f, 5]

However, the function ArrayQ does not return True for a "ragged" array but only she "all parts at a particular level must be lists of the same length.

Murray Eisenberg                                murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts
710 North Pleasant Street