Re: Save path bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132619] Re: Save path bug
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:00:12 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, if you rename any part in the path of an open notebook it will cause Mathematica to lose track of the location of the file. This is not how other Mac applications work but it has been the behavior in Mathematica for as long as I can remember.

Mathematica has some other file path issues. If any part of the path of a pdf file includes a non-english character then Mathematica refuses to Import the pdf (at least that's the behavior with Greek letters, I haven't tried other languages).

Themis