Kernel Stopped Working, Help!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132637] Kernel Stopped Working, Help!
  • From: christopher arthur <chris.arthur1 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 02:08:11 -0400 (EDT)

Can somebody help me figure this out?  I'm running Mathematica 5.2, and
until today it was running fine, and I never had much reason to
upgrade.  This moring I decided to install the Wolfram CDF player, and
sometime later my MathKernel stopped working.  I have tried uninstalling
the player and reinstalling Mathematica, but still, the kernel doesn't
do anything.  It just hangs indefinitely when I try to execute any
code.  It doesn't work from the mathematica front end and it also
doesn't work from just using MathKernel.exe.  I'm running Windows 8.
Any clues?

Chris Arthur