Locators and Selecting the Image in a Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132388] Locators and Selecting the Image in a Manipulate
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 01:49:22 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I created a Manipulate that uses a locator as one of the controls. The
locator tracks a plot and displays summary information about the
targeted coordinate. It's a wonderful feature, but the users of the
notebook also need to be able to select the image, so that they can copy
and paste it into reports. Of course, the image is not selectable when a
locator is present. Any suggestions on how I might create some sort of
checkbox that would remove the locator from the Manipulate when the
image needs to be selected?

Regards,

Gregory