Re: standard floating point arithmetic in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg132485] Re: standard floating point arithmetic in Mathematica?
- From: Kevin <kjm at KevinMcCann.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 03:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
Alan, Mathematica does floating point as you suggest, it just suppresses the extra decimals in the display. To see that it carries out fp calculations "correctly", try this: 0.1+0.2//FullForm Kevin On 3/27/2014 5:00 AM, Alan wrote: > I would like to illustrate some limitations with floating point calculations. Can I force Mathematica to do floating point computations at a standard float size and the display the full results (as the same size float)? > > E.g., if I enter > 0.1+0.2 > I would like to see > 0.30000000000000004 > > Thanks, > Alan Isaac >