Exporting wav file in Integer16 format (without normalization )?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132490] Exporting wav file in Integer16 format (without normalization )?
  • From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 02:15:12 -0400 (EDT)

 I want to specify amplitudes an audio file's native format, so for example
16-bit wav files use Integer16 amplitudes (-2^16 , 2^16-1). I'd like to use
functions   like

 In[1]:= soundData=  Table[Floor[2^16 Sin[2*Pi (f/44100)  t ]],
{t,0,441000}]

to specify exact (Integer16)  amplitudes to be written to the wave file.

But Mathematica, at least on the surface   seems to represent audio with
amplitude values between (-1,1), and how it maps these values to the
Integer16 values is opaque. Is there a way to make sure Mathematica writes
a list of amplitudes to the wave file exactly as given (i.e. Integer16)?

I've been playing around with Export options, but I've not found anything
that works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.