Remote kernel via Ethernet from a Macintosh

Is there a way to run the Mac Mathematica front end and
a remote kernel over an Ethernet? The options given in
the communications window don't seem to support this.

Also: can the Mac front end be purchased separately?
My Mac II version front end crashes on a Mac Plus, even
though I make no attempt to load any kernel at all. Why
is there a difference in the front ends between the two
Mac versions?

As a matter of curiosity, I would like to know how many
Cray versions have been sold, educational discount or not!

Stein Arild Stromme
Mathematics
Bergen University
<stromme at rose.uib.uninett>