  • To: uiucuxc!yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu!mathgroup
  • Subject: Mathematica front end in Lisp
  • From: uiucuxc!kbesrl.me.uiuc.edu!JIM.THOMPSON
  • Date: 20 Nov 1989 08:11:45 EST

> [Any information on front end development out there
> in Mathematica land would be interesting. -s christensen]

I have a front-end written in Common Lisp using CLOS (Common Lisp Object
System).  It presently runs on a Symbolics machine and relies on a few
Symbolics Common Lisp functions to create networked tcp byte streams
connected to a Sun running a Mathematica kernel.  I think it would be
a relatively easy port to a non-Lisp-machine Lisp and would be interested
in such a version.  No graphics display capability!  I use it for
a "mathematics computation server" for programs running in Lisp.

Anyone interested?

Jim Thompson

Knowledge-Based Engineering Systems Research Laboratory
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
1206 W. Green St.  Urbana IL 61801

217-244-0292   jb-thompson at uiuc.edu