  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: ContourPlot
  • From: uunet!itk.unit.no!lie
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 89 16:16:15 GMT

Re: Mixture of ContourPlot and Plot in Show.

Problem: I have a constrained optimization problem that I want to illustrate
         graphically. The object function is z[x,y], and I want to use
         ContourPlot to map it into the (x,y) plane. Then I want to overlay
         this plot with constraints of the form y[x]. I tried to Show both
         plots in the same picture, but this was apparently not possible
         (according to the error message).

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve my "problem"?

Bernt Lie
e-mail: lie at itk.unit.no