Neural Nets and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Neural Nets and Mathematica
  • From: "Mr. Mathematica Man" <LWRIGHT at HMCVAX.CLAREMONT.EDU>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1991 18:29 PDT

I am currently doing some research into neural networks and Mathematica.  I
have investigated the packages that are available but none seem to be exactly
what I am looking for.  There was an article about neural networks in the
Mathematica Journal.  I was wondering if anybody knows where I could get some
packages that illustrate neural networks.  My project is specifically dealing
with the Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP) but I would greatly appreciate any
basic implementations of back-propagation, simulated annealing, etc.  I am
comparing combinatoric approaches to neural network methods of solving
NP-problems.  If anybody could assist me I would greatly appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I am under some time pressure and any leads that anybody has
would be more than sufficient.

Thanks in advance,
Lyle Wright
Mathematica Consultant