display a ps file

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: display a ps file
  • From: tom at kronecker.baruch.cuny.edu (Thomas Wong)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 21:43:23 EDT

I am having trouble to use the Display function.  The Display function
takes two arguments.  One is channel and the other is graphics.  I know
what the channel argument is, but what should I put in for the graphics
argument.  Here is what it looks like when I run it on MMA:

In[51]:= Display[!x11ps, test.ps]

Display::gtype: Dot is not a type of graphics.

Out[51]= Display[!x11ps, test . ps]

In[52]:=

x11ps is the external program that I call into MMA to run my postscript
file named test.ps.  But it did not work.  Would anyone tell me how to
specify the graphics argument for the Display function.
			Thank you very much.

			Thomas Wong   tom at Kronecker.baruch.cuny.edu