remote kernels on macintosh computers

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: remote kernels on macintosh computers
  • From: wallraff at acds.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfgang Wallraff)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 92 00:17:49 GMT

Hi MathGroup

I have a simple question, that I was not able to answer with the documentation.

Is there any way to make Mma calculate all functions numerically? I think of a
global setting that tells Mma to calculate functions numericvally.

For example:

Out[]:= Cos[ArcSin[0.8 Pi]]

I do need some calculations for displaying graphics. Therefore I only do need
numerical output. But I do not want to use N[] all the time. Is there a simple
way to do this ???

Thanks

		Andreas Wallraff
		Germany