MathGroup - duplicated messages

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: MathGroup - duplicated messages
  • From: Steven M. Christensen <stevec at yoda.physics.unc.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 92 23:59:59 EDT

MathGroupers:

A number of you have complained about getting more than
one copy of email from MathGroup.  I have not been able
to locate the reason for this since it does not appear
to be in my machine (except when it goes down and then
reboots when it may start the mail over from the beginning).
It is my belief that the seeming randomness of this problem
may be due to intermediate machines on the net and in some
cases it does appear that a net machine will repeat mail.

As a check, if you get two or more copies of this message,
please send an email to the mathgroup address and I will
see if I can pin down where the problem is.

I am sorry for this problem.  These things appear out of
nowhere and take a bit of detective work to fix.

Steve Christensen