window size

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: window size
  • From: rvk at blink.att.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 92 11:17:10 EST

	I'm running mma 2.1 on a SPARC-2, using X-windows. I'm having
	a problem with $DisplayHeight and $DisplayWidth - no matter what
	I do, the window size comes up the default 400x400. I set both
	parameters, and check the values to verify that they've changed.
	when I run a simple plot, the size does not change.

	I tried changing the entries in StartUp/X11.m, but this did not
	change the size either.

	I would appreciate any suggestions here.  I've changed the
	display size in just this way in earlier versions of mma, and
	don't remember having any difficulties.

	-r. kline
	rvk at blink.att.com