Academic pricing for Mma

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Academic pricing for Mma
  • From: SCHNEIDR at KNOX.BITNET
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1992 09:55 CST

Just a brief note to support David Elbert's thoughtful comments concerning
Wri's academic pricing and password protection scheme.  His comments are
right on the mark.  I know of many institutions that decided to use Maple or
some other product because they were so much cheaper than Mma.  And I would
hate to hazzard a guess about the number of four letter words that have been
uttered about Mma's password protection scheme.

Mma is a great product.  I hope it will be made more affordable to academic
institutions.  And I hope the password protection scheme will go ....ah, the
way of other bad ideas.

Dennis M. Schneider
Knox College