data transfer from Mma

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: data transfer from Mma
  • From: bappadit at ecn.purdue.edu (Banerjee Bappaditya)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 92 21:36:02 EST

HI!
Thanks to the active interest of the people in the group, I got some useful
advice.  I am compiling them here for everybody to use:

I had said :

I have a bunch of numbers generated in Mma that I need to transfer to QPLOT
to plot them out in the format I require.  Any ideas ?

John A. Scales says from within Mma do

Write["outputfile",ColumnForm[data]]

where data refers to a table or list of numbers.

And then Carl R. Crawford (the author of qplot) says
these numbers from mathematica (in ascii format) can be  used by the ascii
option in qplot and use the "begin=, nx=, and ny=" command line options.

Thanks to them for their help.

bappa.

Bappaditya Banerjee
bappadit at mn.ecn.purdue.edu