  • To: MathGroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Would you post this Mathematica question to news group for me, please?
  • From: jacobson at cello.hpl.hp.com
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 92 08:16:23 -0700

In my last message I wrote:

    Fortunately, you can keep Mathematica from doing this by setting the
    variable $MinPrecision:

Sorry, I forgot that $MinPrecision was a 2.1-ism.  I've been beta
testing 2.1 for WRI.  As someone else pointed out, in 2.0 and earlier
you have to use SetAccuracy or SetPrecision in each iteration of the
loop.

  -- David Jacobson