Customizing sysinit.m in Mac version

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Customizing sysinit.m in Mac version
  • From: wiscombe at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 92 12:06:28 -0400

   My question concerns the initialization file sysinit.m for the Mac
version of Mathematica.  It begins with a dire warning not to alter
anything unless you are an expert, but as I read through the file I found
that it seems to be loading things for which I have no use (I don't do
number theory, for example).  But the file was not well enough commented to
indicate what deletions might be safe.  Looking through my Mac Math'a user
manual and other references revealed no discussion of sysinit.m at all.

   Has anyone customized this file, or is that just an absolute no-no?

Dr. Warren J. Wiscombe
a.k.a. wiscombe at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA Goddard, Code 913, Greenbelt, MD 20771
(301) 286-8499