Re: Printing out mathematica graphics

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Printing out mathematica graphics
  • From: jerry at math.ep.utexas.edu (Jerry)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 92 13:46:06 MST

flann at nick.cs.usu.edu writes:
*> Im using Display["file",graphics] function to generate
*> postscript files of graphics for printing. However,
*> when the files are sent to a postscript printer, nothing
*> is printed.
*>
*> If any of you have had similar problems (and determined a
*> solution) I would appreciate hearing from you.
*>

Look in the user's guide that came with Mathematica.  In mine, Chapter
12 describes Mma's ancillary programs.  One of these is called `psfix'
and needs to be installed in your executable path (or your PATH
environment variable should be changed to include
$MATHDIR/$MACHINE/Display which is where I found it).  On a unix
system, it can be used like

psfix file | lpr

to add the necessary PostScript code for the printer to interpret.
Look in $MATHDIR/man for the manual pages for this and other Mma
programs.

-Jerry