Re: Printing out mathematica graphics

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Printing out mathematica graphics
  • From: I am Gene! <GVANNOSTERN at hmcvax.claremont.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1992 23:25 PDT

I wrote the following mini-package and added it to my init.m file.  It uses
Display to create a postscript file suitable for printing.  To use it, type
PSFile[-graphics-,"filename"].  It works on all unix machines I've used so far,
and Mma versions 1.2 and 2.0 (at least).

Gene.

--cut here----
(* PSFile package *)

System`PSFile::usage =
        "PSFile[-graphics-,\"filename\"] saves graphics to a file, in a format
suitable for a postscript printer."

Begin["System`Private`"]
PSFile[x_,file_String] := Display[StringJoin["!psfix > ",
                                   ToString[Release[file]]], x]
End[]

Protect[PSFile]