Division of multi-var polynomials

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Division of multi-var polynomials
  • From: prm9c at hagar2.acc.virginia.edu (Peter Richard Molnar)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 92 15:03:29 EST

	I am trying to divide one polynomial into another, each of
which has three variables, to get a series of terms.
For example,

X^2 * Y^3 * W/(1-2*X*Y*W) = X^2*Y^3*W + 2*X^3*Y^4*W^2 + 4*X^4*Y^5*W^3 + ...

The above result will be an infinite series of terms, but I
would like mathmatica to give me the first N terms.  Mathmatica
doesn't seem to be able to handle more than one variable when
dividing polynomials, nor does it seem to be able to do the
above manner of division.  If anyone can tell me how to do this
on Mathmatica it would be greatly appreciated.

		Peter M.