integral equation

has anyone had any success with integral equations?  I have a system of ODE's,
one of which involves the function r"t" which is an integral equation. I tried
to define it like this:
r"t_" := Integrate"x' "t" Exp"-(t-z)",(z,-Infinity,t)" etc. but later on when
 this was called from NDSolve, it didn't work.  There is no reference to integr
al equations in the Mathematica manual.  Thanks in advance for any assistance|

Jennifer Voitle <FAC3258%UOFT01.BITNET at pucc.Princeton.EDU>