Inputting integer data in binary form

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Inputting integer data in binary form
  • From: long at nlm.nih.gov (L. Rodney Long)
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 92 15:24:18 EDT

I'm working on a Sun system with Mathematica 1.2.  I need to input
a file of integer data which I have in binary form, two bytes per
integer.  Can anyone make any suggestions about how to do this?

More generally, are there Mathematica functions or packages for
inputting other types of binary files, containing, for example,
four byte integers, four byte floating, eight byte floating,
etc?

Thanks.
Rodney Long