Reading data from file

  • To: MathGroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Reading data from file
  • From: dmg at oceanus.mitre.org (David M Goblirsch)
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 92 07:04:08 EDT

This is a follow up on my previous post about reading short ints.  I was
the one who suggested using od piped through awk, while the others who
responded suggested reading Bytes and then doing the conversion inside
Mma.  What I didn't say in my original post was that I originally did this
too back in V1.2, but but found the UNIX way faster.  Maybe this isn't
true in V2.0.

David M. Goblirsch, The MITRE Corporation, McLean VA 22102
dmgob at mitre.org
(703) 883-5450