More Postscript problems.

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: More Postscript problems.
  • From: jme4 at po.cwru.edu (John M. Ehrlinger)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 92 14:04:46 -0500

Hello Mathgroup,

	I am running Mathematica V2.0 for MS-Dos machines.  I am having
a problem printing postscript files.

	After I generate my graphics,  I use Display to save the
graphic to a file.  I then have a Hardcopy file set up to translate the
Mathematica Script file to Postscript.  I can then import the file into
a document in my word processor (WordPerfect) but when I try to print the
file,  I get nothing.  When I try to print just the postscript file after
Hardcopy,  I get nothing.

	There is one strange thing that I can not figure out about this.
I am also using Ghostscript V2.5.2 for OS/2 as a postscript previewer.  Ghostscript can
preview the file perfectly.  In both cases.  I just cannot print the
file.  I have also attempted to print the file through Ghostscript with
no results.

	I am wondering if there is something I have done incorrectly,
is there a bug in the postscript translation?  I am planning on
upgrading to V 2.1 very soon.  Is this a problem still or has the update
corrected this.

	Any help would be greatly appreciated,
	--John Ehrlinger
	  Grad. Student
	  Case Western Reserve University
	  Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering