Re: Mma Windows

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: Re: Mma Windows
  • From: don at (Don Kinghorn)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 92 12:49:42 PDT

> I am running Mma 2.02 on a Nextstation.  If I open a new window
> that window is 'aware' of all the definitions etc. I made in the
> window(s).  Therefore I cannot have two different mathematicas
> at the same time.  I have to completely quit the application and
> over from scratch.  Any ideas or suggestions on what to do?

> Thanks

> david farrelly

All you need to do is launch multiple copies of Mathematica.
(Note: you can only launch one copy from the doc)
Find in the Browser (it may be in /NextApps or
/LocalApps) double click on the file name or the Mathematica icon.
You can launch as many copies as you need and they'll all be running
a different Kernal.
Hope this helps
-Don Kinghorn
WSU dept of Chemistry