Mma on RISC

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mma on RISC
  • From: david at therch.chem.usu.edu (David Farrelly)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 92 11:18:56 -0700

I am currently running Mma on a NeXT station with 16 MB and 400 MB HD.
I have also an IBM 320 RISC machine with a couple of 1.2GB external
drives.  Does anyone have experience with Mmma on an IBM RISC, and
if so I would appreciate any comments on what kind of enhancement in
speed I might get as compared to the NeXT---especially if I loaded
Mma on the 1.2GB drive to take advantage of the faster access times.

Thnaks

david farrelly
dept. of chemistry, utah state univ.