Mathematica Problem

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mathematica Problem
  • From: JAIMUNGAL SEBASTIAN <jaimung at ecf.toronto.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1992 13:09:42 -0400

I am having problem linking a C program for use with mathematica.

The compile using the mcc compiler worked just fine, and I wrote a version of the program excluding ML commands so that output is directed to the stdout. This second version runs just fine.  However the ML version keeps breaking the link
from within mathematica  ... i.e.

Compile using  mcc pend.c mlink.tm  -> a.out

inside mathematica I use the command Install["a.out"]  -> LinkObject[a.out,1,1]

Then I try to execute the new command : Pendulum[{1,0},{10,1},False]  ->
LinkObject::linkd: LinkObject[a.out,1,1] is closed; the connection is dead.

What could be wrong.  [NB this program seems to work fine on another computer system but I get this error on this system]

Seeking help

Sebastian
jaimung at ecf.toronto.edu