Remembering function values AND compile

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Remembering function values AND compile
  • From: Simon Chandler <simonc at hpcpbla.bri.hp.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 93 09:27:45 +0100

21/4/93

Dear MathGroupers,

To speed things up I could use a Compiled function in my program.
The program is also likely to calculating the same function value
several times so I could use the "remembering" facility

f[x_,y_,z_]:= f[x,y,z] = blah blah

to prevent re-evaluation of f for a particular set of x,y,z.

My questions are:

Can I combine Compile with the "remembering" of function values ?
Would this be faster than just using Compile ?

Thanks in advance,

Simon Chandler
Hewlett-Packard Ltd (CPB)
Filton Road