Checking identity of lists, etc.

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Checking identity of lists, etc.
  • From: Richard Mercer <richard at rmercer.wright.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1993 15:13:19 -0400

I'm not sure how well this is documented, but I learned a long time
ago to ALWAYS use === to check identity of expressions, and use ==
only to test equality of numbers; I have not had any trouble with
this sort of problem since.

Richard Mercer                             513-873-2191 office
Department of Mathematics and Statistics   513-873-2785 message
Wright State University                    513-873-3301 fax
Dayton, OH 45435                           NeXTmail welcome!
richard at rmercer.wright.edu        or       rmercer at desire.wright.edu